With Why We Give, we focus on individuals who help. With the devastating earthquake in Nepal, our attention turns to the masses in need of help. Most recently, we got to know the beautiful country of Nepal through the eyes of philanthropists Sarah Levine who calls Nepal home and J.R. Rothstein who recently visited. As communities come together to support Nepal during this tragedy, we share a suggested list of organizations providing aid. The below organizations have been carefully reviewed by the Governor of New York’s office to ensure ethical practices are upheld as they provide aid.
- American Jewish World Service – donate here.
- American Nepal Medical Foundation – donate here.
- AmeriCares – donate here.
- CARE – donate here.
- Catholic Relief Services – donate here.
- Direct Relief – donate here.
- GlobalGiving – donate here.
- Himalyan Heath Care – donate here.
- International Relief Teams – donate here.
- Joint Distribution Committee – donate here.
- Operation USA – donate here.
- Save the Children – donate here.
- Seva Foundation – donate here.
- United States Fund for UNICEF – donate here.
- World Help – donate here.
In our search of where to give, we have also discovered outstanding humanitarians. For now, we highlight them from afar in order to let them implement the important work they are leading. When the time is right, we look forward to telling their personal stories and those of others who are stepping up to help. We applaud these young men for how they give.
Lokesh Todi (currently in Kathmandu, Nepal) and Aditya Todi
Brothers who grew up in Nepal, they are raising money to give directly to NGOs on the ground. Lokesh is providing personal updates with videos and photos. Donate to their crowdfunding campaign.
Anil Mahn Singh
Anil is traveling to Nepal to bring suitcases of Medical Supplies. Donate to his crowdfunding campaign.
We invite you to share stories of people who are giving to Nepal. Email us here: email@example.com
Cover photo from the American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee.